The Styling Secret of Wall Mounted Hooks

Emily Edited Bathroom Towel Bar1

Towel bars are bad for marriages. Brian is constantly, after turning off the shower, asking me if he can use one of the perfectly styled towels that took me 3-5 minutes to hang (see above). And while I want to be super cool and say ‘yah, of course’ inside I’m screaming ‘ugh, can’t you dry-off with something else that doesn’t look quite so perfect. Both of us are slightly annoyed and the bathroom always looks a mess. Now because we put ours into wallpaper I probably won’t change it but if I could go back in time I would use wall mounted hooks. That is today’s styling PSA – rethink the towel bar and opt for hooks for a prettier, easy to keep clean bathroom (and a better marriage).

*SUPER IMPORTANT UPDATE: Apparently in many more humid climates towels don’t dry on hooks unless they have a lot of space. We don’t have that problem here, so I was literally blown away when you all commented about it. GAH! I’m sorry!! I told Brian about all the comments and he was like ‘yah, of course towels don’t dry fast on hooks, everybody knows this’. Anyway, I guess make sure you climate can handle it. I had no idea I could be wrong about something so innocuous but  apparently i’ve been kept in the dark about this towel-drying conspiracy.

Here are some examples of this genius tool:

Photo SourcePhoto Source

Now these hooks definitely make it less formal so if you like a formal looking bathroom then this might not be for you. Perhaps in a guest bathroom you can still utilize the bar, but if you actually use your shower and dry yourself off with a towel every day, then hooks might be a better option for you.

Photo SourcePhoto Source

And while yes, this isn’t the cure for cancer or a the new weight loss secret, it is something that not only can instantly add some style to your home but can make your morning routine a little bit easier.

After designing and styling so many bathrooms over the years, I’m proud to say that I’m very pro-hook, and anti-bar. Join the movement.

Photo SourcePhoto Source

And no, these lovely hooks aren’t just for the bathroom, they can also be used to corral your hats, purses, scarves in a lonely hallway or entry area, and even in a little kids room to hold capes, flower crowns, or tutus. The trick with this, don’t overcrowd them and leave a few hooks open to visually have it look less like clutter and more like a styled piece.

Photo Source

So in the name of convenience, style, and simplifying your life, here are a few of our favorites online. Brady recently used #6 in his bedroom renovation, I have #11 in our pantry area, and I love the thought of using #4 with the S hooks to hang up a bunch of towels in a bathroom.

1. Brendon Farrell 6 Fin Hook Rack | 2. Protected Teak Shaker Pegs | 3. Oak Triple Coat Rack | 4. Brass Towel Bar & S Hooks | 5. Occordian Coat Rack | 6. Crosscut Coat Rack | 7. Beckett Multi Robe Rack | 8. Jodi Towel Rack | 9. Iron Double Hook Rack | 10. Chandler Rack | 11. Brass Row of Hooks | 12. 7 Peg Wall Mounted Coat Rack | 13. Mid Century Multi Hook | 14. Simple Iron Hook Rack | 15. Walli Coat Rack | 16. Alva Metal Multi Wall Hook | 17. Brushed Brass Towel Rack | 18. Svartsjon Hook Rack | 19. Mid Century Modern Wall Hook | 20. Afternoon Coat Rack | 21. Wardrobe Rack of Metal | 22. Old Metal Hook Bar | 23. Newton Wall Mounted Coat Rack | 24. Bamboo Coat Hanger | 25. Iron Wall Bar & S Hooks | 26. Weathered Oak Wall Mounted Coat Rack | 27. Zinc Accordion Rack | 28. Enos Coat Rack | 29. Wood Retractable Wall Mounted Coat Rack | 30. Black Iron Coat Rack

Now, some of those are quite big if you have a small bathroom, so if you don’t have much space then opt for individual hooks, 2-3 of them next to each other or staggered.

Also as you know I like me a hat so I have wall-mounted hooks for those in my pantry/mudroom, laundry room and my closet. Everything looks better on a hook 🙂

Take the pressure off your guests and your marriage and opt for hooks instead of bars. I’d like to apologize to the National Towel Bar Association for ruining your business, but someone had to say it.

Do you guys think that I’m being super lazy? Or has this been a secret insidious problem riddling America that just needed a voice?

Komentar

Postingan populer dari blog ini

Human trafficking expected during solar eclipse; ‘Freedom Stickers’ with hotline info are available for public restrooms

12 FOUR CORNERS BLVD, East Fishkill NY 12533, MLS # 364540, Weichert.com

Is It Safe To Masturbate Using The Bath Faucet?