Pen N' Paper Flowers: "She's About to POP" baby shower


The pressure was on for a decadent dessert table after Bre shared with me the fact that Jen was a former finalist on the "Next Food Network Star"...*gasp*

Luckily for me, Jen's "food forte" is more savory than sweet - so the pressure was off just a teeny...tiny...bit. *wink*

As with all events, the invitation would be the foundation for a fabulous party/shower and would set the stage for the design and decorating elements to be used throughout.

Using Pantone's Fall Fashion report, I selected a color scheme and the invitation was born...
inviteandlollipops7310

I love how simple and edgy it turned out - don't you?

(More on those fabulous lollipops in a minute)...

With "POP" and bubbles being the focus, I quickly began gathering ideas for the dessert table - my primary focus.

desserttable7693
For the background, I used a piece of white v-groove paneling from Lowe's and added some coordinating paper

and clear plastic platesin various sizes to mimic the bubbles on the invitation.

desserttable7700

I chose to use clear serving vessels to display the desserts

in order to keep with the "translucency" of the bubble theme...

This tower of jello custard POP shots took center stage...

jello7722

I knew immediately we needed to use some really cool lollipops and I was lucky to stumble upon

she also catered to my request to have the lollipops flavored with soda POP...

just anothersmall detail I was in love with to help tie everything together.

Not only were the lollipops used as favors, they were also used to create lollipop tree centerpieces.

centerpiece7738
(I cannot take credit for assembling the trees - I sent Bre a link of the lollipop trees from Amy Atlas and she recreated the trees all on her own)! Love them!

Since I knew I wanted something translucent on the top of the cupcakes - to mimic bubbles...

cupcakes7692

The colors couldn't have been more perfect and the droplets were yummy!

cupcakes7850
oreos7679
whoopiepies7708

Pumpkin mousse ties in the season and color perfectly...

pumpkinmousse7719

Clear cups of caramel POPcorn

popcorn7704

POP'ems doughnut holes were a fun and obvious must-have dessert choice

popems7715

Soda POP in glass serving bottles tied with custom labels

beverages7747

Baby shower favors: "a gift of BUBBLE bath for POPPING by"

bubblefavors7752

A wishing tree for baby

created by tucking the wishes shower guests leftinto glass ornaments...

wishingtree7768

Other food items included this Strawberry Salad with POPPY seed dressing...

strawberrysalad7730

A bubble machine located just outside the front door greeted guests as they arrived. (not pictured)

I love how everything turned out...

desserttable7697

I know Jen was beside herself with excitement and here's what Bre had to say when it was over:

"I wanted to email you and let you know how amazing the shower was. You are so freakin' talented

I can't stand it. Thank you for your time and sacrifice! It was more than I expected. Amazing up to every detail Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!

It really was such a fun shower to be a part of - thanks for letting me spread my creative wings on this Bre!!

It was so fun putting it all together...

with so many other creative & talented people.

And I especially want to thank all of you for patiently awaiting the details...I hope you are inspired!









A tremdous thank you to the Fabulous Vendors/Sources behind the scenes:

Komentar

Postingan populer dari blog ini

Human trafficking expected during solar eclipse; ‘Freedom Stickers’ with hotline info are available for public restrooms

12 FOUR CORNERS BLVD, East Fishkill NY 12533, MLS # 364540, Weichert.com

Is It Safe To Masturbate Using The Bath Faucet?