Review: Crowne Plaza Copenhagen Towers

I arrived at the Crowne Plaza Hotel in Copenhagen Towers by train. It’s a quick train ride from Sweden’s southernmost city, Malmö. The train stops at Copenhagen Airport, and takes another ~10 minutes from there. The walk from the station to the hotel took only three minutes.

I was startled entering the building since there was literally a forest in the lobby.

On the right was the hotel’s coffee shop, “Orango.”

There were also elevators and some work stations since the high-rise above housed various businesses.

To the left, there was a restaurant and further up, the entrance to the reception.

The actual hotel was older than the lobby, so the difference between modern and traditional Scandinavian design was quite apparent.

The woman checking me in was chatty, and gave me some information about the hotel and its unique attributes. While it was hard to see, the entire exterior of the hotel was covered in solar panels. Supposedly, this makes the hotel entirely self-sufficient, as they also have a water cleaning station in the basement. Gotta love Scandinavian efficiency!

I made my way to the elevator and headed up to my King Executive Room on the 23rd floor.

These rooms were roughly 1300 DKK ($200) per night when I stayed, but I’ve seen them go up to over 2000 DKK!

Upon exiting the elevator, my eyes were immediately drawn to the windows. Sure, the view was impressive, but what caught my eye was the semi-birds eye view of Copenhagen Airport. From my room, I could see aircraft touch down and take off, though they were far enough away that were wasn’t any noise.

To the right of the hallway in my room was the bathroom. It had a shower and bathtub, plus a sink.

The toiletries from Eco-Boutique were well stocked.

The double bed was big, and typically Scandinavian as well, with individual covers and mattresses.

On each side was a bedside table. It was funny seeing their sleep products, which are the same that Virgin Atlantic gives customers in Upper Class.

Since I was visiting to show my best friend from Singapore around Copenhagen, I ordered a cot.

Next to the bed was a red chair and a table.

I loved the chocolate and fruit that came with apple cider, making for a really nice welcome. If I’m going to be picky, I wasn’t too big a fan of the red color scheme in the room, but that can easily be changed.

In the corner of the room was a desk and the TV. The window sill was big enough to sit on, which was great given the beautiful view.

The wifi was also fast as far as hotels go. Slow internet can ruin a hotel stay for me since I can’t get any work done, so I appreciated the good connection.

Moving on, most of the hotel facilities were on the first and second floor. Access to both the lounge and gym came with my room, so I had some free tapas and wine in the lounge the first night.

Breakfast in the lounge.

I also checked out the gym, which was small, but fine if no one else was there.

Breakfast was also included. The selection was decent, but what really impressed me was the number of plant-based options they had. As part of being eco-friendly, the hotel just recently added a big selection of dairy and egg-free products, which can be hard to find at a hotel breakfast.

There were, of course, some scrumptious Danish pastries and other specialties such as rye bread.

Since I had just one day to tour Copenhagen, I arranged a bike rental through the hotel for just 110DKK. The ride into town took twenty minutes and was stunning. Denmark is one of the most bike-friendly countries in the world, so getting around was a breeze. Last summer I remember renting bikes from a random hostel in town, which cost 130DKK for half a day. This was a much better value, especially since we saved money by not taking the metro.

Conclusion

Ultimately, the Crowne Plaza Copenhagen Towers is a business hotel, so you won’t get the level of luxury that some of the upscale downtown hotels offer. However, I thoroughly enjoyed my stay and actually liked living slightly outside the city. After being in Sweden for a week, my Singaporean friend was shocked by the crowds in Copenhagen, so she appreciated staying outside town as well. How she will manage to go back to Singapore, I do not know… In any case, I wouldn’t hesitate to recommend this hotel, regardless of whether it’s for an overnight connection at Kastrup Airport or tourism. It’s especially nice in the summer when you can rent bikes and enjoy the scenery going to/from the city center.

Komentar

Postingan populer dari blog ini

Human trafficking expected during solar eclipse; ‘Freedom Stickers’ with hotline info are available for public restrooms

12 FOUR CORNERS BLVD, East Fishkill NY 12533, MLS # 364540, Weichert.com

Is It Safe To Masturbate Using The Bath Faucet?