Game show blow for Middlesbrough Take Me Out hopeful

WITH a cheeky smile and an impressive set of muscles, James Spanswick was confident of pulling when he appeared on TV game show Take Me Out.

But the 21-year-old was turned down by 30 women – including Joanne Patton, 28, from Guisborough – when his sister revealed his secret love of singer Michael Bolton.

But lovesick James won’t be beaten by the embarrassment and says he is still on the lookout for Miss Right.

James, from Middlesbrough, said: “Being rejected by 30 women on a national TV show wasn’t easy. When all the girls had turned their lights out I couldn’t get out of there fast enough. I had been confident I would go down well so I was shocked.”

James applied to the ITV1 dating show after two years as a singleton.

On the show women are presented with a man and switch out their lights as more details are revealed about him. The man then has a choice of which girl to date out of those who leave their light on

At first James fared OK. But it was when a video introduced by his sister Catherine, 24, started rolling the lights went out for the amateur boxer. She revealed his softer side by telling the girls of his love of listening to romantic crooner Michael Bolton while having a bubble bath.

James said: “My sister stitched me right up. When she came on the big screen on the studio wearing a shower cap I didn’t know what to think. I did tell her off afterwards but I forgive her and will get my revenge.”

James has had no end of stick from colleagues at the Dickens Inn in Middlesbrough, where he works as a doorman. He said: “On my first shift after the show aired I walked in the bar and all the lights went out and the music stopped.

“Other friends and family have been switching off the lights when they walk into the room.”

But James, who lives in Park End with mum Margaret McNamara, 56, says he has gained a lot of new admirers. He said: “Girls have been stopping me and chatting about the show.” But he won’t be binning his Michael Bolton collection. “I won’t stop my love of his music for any girl,” he said.

Komentar

Postingan populer dari blog ini

12 FOUR CORNERS BLVD, East Fishkill NY 12533, MLS # 364540, Weichert.com

Human trafficking expected during solar eclipse; ‘Freedom Stickers’ with hotline info are available for public restrooms

Is It Safe To Masturbate Using The Bath Faucet?