Bath Fitter | Guilderland, NY 12084

Review by Lois M. in Mountain Dale, NY

Project: Install or Replace a Shower

totally unsatisfied! Thought I purchased a skin to cover the existing shower base with minimal damage to the existing tile walled shower as well as minimal change in height of threshold When installed, it is at least 4 inches taller, making the shower totally unsafe and inaccessible to the elderly mobility challenged homeowner for whom this repair was being made. When I called to get this corrected I got and continue to be getting the runaround and excuses (not to mention that returning a phone call does not seem to be a priority for them) I have gotten the excuse that showers installations are different from tubs but the sales rep inadvertently forgot to mention this detail. It was also suggested that installation of a handicap (low threshold) base was discussed and I supposedly turned down for financial reasons (not true) yet I was told the sales rep did not realize that a "handicapped" person was living here. I have been offered several options. most of which involve exactly what I did not want-damaging the existing tile walls in order to remove and replace the shower pan, or cutting out part of the new base and retrofitting with another product which would result in an uneven surface as well as seams: NOT FOR WHAT I PAID FOR THIS!! I want a smooth, seamless base at an acceptable accessible height. I was also told that achieving this is difficult because this would need to be a custom molded item....excuse me, but aren't ALL these products pretty much custom? Why is it so difficult to get what I ordered and expected instead of the monstrosity I received? At this point I have told them to fix it the way I thought Iordered it or remove it and return my money so I can get someone in to do the job right yet they are still trying to discuss "options" Not good at communications : Ian never once got back to me or returned a phone call: instead of being called with an installation date,I even had to call (3 weeks after my order) to find out when it could be installed. When the installer finished the job, he handed me a list of products that should and should not be used : when asked a simple question about this he said he only handed out the information, only knew if you used the wrong products the warranty would be voided. He should be better educated on the topic Not proactive for safety: not once during the entire time the rep sat in the kitchen did the subject of safety or grab bars come up: these should be suggested at EVERY installation regardless of the age or mobility of the client On the plus side, the young man who installed the shower base was pleasant, and neat with very little to say. I would probably increase the work quality rating if/when I actually receive the product that I ordered I ordered this 4/28: On 6/22 I am still waiting for Bathfitters to make me smile about my bathroom

2 of 3 users found this review helpful.

Komentar

Postingan populer dari blog ini

Human trafficking expected during solar eclipse; ‘Freedom Stickers’ with hotline info are available for public restrooms

12 FOUR CORNERS BLVD, East Fishkill NY 12533, MLS # 364540, Weichert.com

Is It Safe To Masturbate Using The Bath Faucet?